water and heartburn???

I am 27 weeks pregnant and lately getting heartburn drinking water, not to mention that I am sooo sick of it. I know it's important but is there anything else I can drink that's not caffeine or juice?? Can I drink something with splenda or other artificial sweetener? I don't know if during pregnancy you can drink those artificial sweeteners but I need other liquids!! I know some of the flavored waters have artificial stuff. Someone help please I can't take it anymore LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The heartburn from water is just too much pressure in your abdomen. Try sipping a little at a time, rather than gulping down a few ounces at once. A little artificial sweetener is probably no problem, but try to avoid consuming much of it. Try making iced herb tea--there are lots of fruity flavors of it available.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• you don't have to drink ONLY water. You can drink caffeinated beverages as long as it's in moderation. I still drank my sweet tea everyday while I was pregnant && in the beginning I craved coca cola, even though I don't drink the stuff under normal circumstances, I had one coke a day. As long as you still drink the amount of water you are supposed to, then you can throw in a couple of other drinks here && there.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• aw girl i was drinking caffiene like crazy when i was pregnant with both my kids lol. you don't have to drink ONLY water, just make sure you stay hydrated. as for the heartburn, normally that means your kid will have hair. i had so much heartburn with both my kids i was telling them they had better comeout with hair down to their waist, i was so mad, lol. sure enough they had a head full of hair when they were born. worth it though, so worth it. GL
    Anonymous

• Thanks ladies! Don't get me wrong. I do drink my coffee in the morning and occasionally soda(although I wasn't a big soda drinker before) but I just need something different you know? They get you paranoid about getting enough(L&D, OB etc...) water and not too much caffeine(which alot of drinks have) bc caffeine dehydrates you blah blah blah lol. It's like I dread getting up in the morning bc I know it's another day of water, water, water LOL. I'll try your suggestions. Thanks again!
    Anonymous

• Try ginger tea!
    cfavreau

Answer by cfavreau at 2:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009