water and heartburn???

I am 27 weeks pregnant and lately getting heartburn drinking water, not to mention that I am sooo sick of it. I know it's important but is there anything else I can drink that's not caffeine or juice?? Can I drink something with splenda or other artificial sweetener? I don't know if during pregnancy you can drink those artificial sweeteners but I need other liquids!! I know some of the flavored waters have artificial stuff. Someone help please I can't take it anymore LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have had heartburn since week 11 and i am 35 weeks now.I too get it from even drinking water.Nothing is really going to keep it from coming..lol. but if you are sick of drinking just plain water, drink the flavored ones.they wont hurt you or the baby.or try gatoraid.its not good to drink just plain water constantly anyways.you need other types of liquid (thats caffein free)
    Anonymous

• Oh sweet Lord I know EXACTLY how you feel! I am 32 weeks and I get heartburn from just about everything, but especially water. Maybe try getting those Crystal Light packets and pouring them in your water or making Koolaid? That's what I've been doing and it doesn't seem to give me as bad of heartburn as plain water.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was having heartburn really bad to the point where I would wake up in the middle of the night and it was like it was in the back of my throat. I would also cough and feel a pressure on my chest and like I couldn't get a deep enough breath. I told my midwife at my last appointment and she said all those things were probably due to the heartburn and she gave me a prescription for Zantac, which the pharmacy gave me the generic version, but whatever. It has helped A LOT. I still do get heartburn, but not nearly as bad. It does get bad a couple of hours before it's time to take the daily pill.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I used to love water but since I got pregnant it makes me sick. I had read that some artificial sweeteners are alright to drink but I still choose not to have it. I mainly drink decaf iced tea or vitamin water.
    msnicole88

Answer by msnicole88 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Try ginger tea
    cfavreau

Answer by cfavreau at 2:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2009