Does your hubby boyfriend or SO go in & out of phases of being selfishe & being a family man??

LainysMommy

Asked by LainysMommy at 3:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 3:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Nope, not ever :)
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and my husband will be sweet and helpful one day and ask me how I'm feeling and how our baby is doing and then he will go for days without even talking about it. It sucks. I think alot of times they just don't know how to act or what to say, so they just avoid it.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes, my husband has phases like that. I think it revolves around his wistfullness for his youth... Lol. He still misses the care-free attitude of being a teenager (he's 24) so some days all he wants to do is sit in our den and play his guitar or work on his truck. But other days he is raring to help me out with chores and the baby, so it all evens out in the end. I figure that by giving him his space when he seems to need it, that guarantees those "helpful" phases, too...
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 6:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It depends on what you mean by selfish. The two of you need time apart to explore your own interest. Let him do his thing once in a while. Unless it is something like spending bill money on his activiies and leaving the family broke and bills unpaid is not good . But if he just wants to go fishing with buddies or have a drink or two and comes home. I would'nt trip.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't trip. He has a lot of time to himself I ju hate when he goes through a phase where hwe thinks that he should be gone alll tha time, and he needs a babysitter all weekend, that will go on for like 2 weeks than all of the sudden he is back to normal spending time with his daughter. it drives me nuts.
    LainysMommy

Answer by LainysMommy at 8:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If it is only 2 weeks every few months... just let it go. My husband does the same thing. We spend most evenings/weekends together then all of the sudden he will "have plans". I tend to do something with friends a couple times a month regularly, but the will save his up and do them all in a row so it feels like I don't see him for a week at a time. Once he gets it out of his system he is back to normal. I like when he goes off bc he always seems to love and appreciate me more when he gets back to normal. I can tell when he is getting to my "I need some space" bursting point bc he starts to act like a real turd... Guys have a hormone cycle too... maybe this is part of it
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 8:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I wouldnt say in and out of being a family man...but there are times where he more sensitve to my needs than other times.
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009