how do i dry up my breastmilk?

iv been nursing my baby now for 9weeks but iv had mastitise 3 times and this last time i had to have it surgically drained and spent 2 days in the hospital. Iv decided after this last bought with masititse its probably best for my health and babies if we just quit breastfeeding. Im still nursing him 2 or 3 times a day but my milk supply is going down plus i noticed today im clogged up in the side thats been drained im un able to nurse him on that side due to the big hole in my boob. So im woundering how do you dry yourself up quickly? please dont be rude i atleast tried to nurse my baby as long as i did thats more then some people do. i just wanan know the best way to dry up. thanks for reading.

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• I've heard cabbage leaves, but I'm allergic to sulfa based meds and if your allergic to that your not supposed to use cabbage leaves so I never tried it.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• BTW I just quit breastfeeding. painful but thats whawt i did.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have always been told not to take the over the counter med pseudophed because it will dry your milk supply. I obviously did not take it even when I had a splitting sinus headache, because I needed to breastfeed, but it might be worth it. Take it as directed on the box every six hours for a day or so, and see what happens. The other thing I could suggest is to buy a super tight sports bra and wear that like 24/7. The constant pressure will help prevent you from letting down all the way. Good luck!

www.EnhancingFamilies.com --Helping Moms Stay Home and Raise Healthy, Happy Kids

amynic

Answer by amynic at 11:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009