playdates? social mommas?

okay. i know you can moms online here, but does anyone know about setting up playdates, or get togethers with other moms with kids the same age as mine? i know they say never meet someone in person that you talk to online, etc. i would hope this would be a safer site. looking for moms w/ dd around 1 yr. my dd is 11 months. central indiana area. let me know if you are interested. or if you think i'm crazy. *smile* i am due w/ my 2nd in dec.

raineslibramom

Asked by raineslibramom at 4:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try the website meetup.com. I have found quite a few playgroups there.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I got my kids into a playgroup via a company called Playgroups USA. www.playgroupsusa.com They charge a small up-front fee for their services but then they will either help you form a playgroup in your area or plug you into an established playgroup. I loved the moms in my group. We had all signed up around the same time so we started as a new group. I was with them for about 9 months & then moved for DH's job. It is now over 4 years later & I am still in touch with a few of the moms & the group itself continued until most of the kids were school age. Have fun.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• THERE are plenty of groups on this website...Im going on a playdate tomorrow morning with someone off cafemom =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009