playdates? social mommas?

okay. i know you can meet moms online here, but does anyone know about setting up playdates, or get togethers with other moms with kids the same age as mine? i know they say never meet someone in person that you talk to online, etc. i would hope this would be a safer site. looking for moms w/ dd around 1 yr. my dd is 11 months. central indiana area. let me know if you are interested. or if you think i'm crazy. *smile* i am due w/ my 2nd in dec.

raineslibramom

Asked by raineslibramom at 4:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have you checked the groups for one in your area? we have one for mine. my husband freaked out when i set up a group playdate at the park to meet the new moms. we get together at fun depot... it is indoors so it is safer.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes, check the group section for a group in your area.
    If there isn't one, make your own!

You can also try www.meetup.com and yahoo's group sections. And don't forget the national organizations... www.mops.org and www.momsclub.org.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You should search 4 groups in your area. : ) Always take a friend with you when you go ! : )
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 5:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009