Labor...feel like a 1st time mom..want to know what you think

So yesterday I told my husband I was feeling weird..not sick but anxious..I went to the hospital and pre-registered. Since yesterday I've been having really bad back aches, I've been having contractions since 9:30 a.m. that are about 5-6 minutes apart but only lasting 30 seconds or less. I happened to have my 36W appointment today, i told the doctor and she checked me..and timed my contractions, they are coming every 4-5 minutes but no longer than 30 seconds, my water is not leaking and my cervix is not yet dialated. All she told me is that my contractions need to last for at least 1 to 1 1/2 minutes so I am not in labor. have any of you expereinced these symptoms and went into labor shortly after...any advice or suggestions? Thanks Ladies!

LuvmyFam6

Asked by LuvmyFam6 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes your water doesn't break and the doctor will eventually have to break it after 8cm (I wouldn't let them break it before then, it's not necessary).

As far as dilating, my water broke when the baby dropped and I went into labor and wasn't dilated at all when I got to the doctors.

The most important thing to remember...you need to go to the doctor once your contractions are lasting as long as your doctor told you and it doesn't matter if your water has broke, or if you're dilated. Things can happen very quickly, or take an entire day. Everyone is different
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes, I bet you will be in labor by tonight! lol But seriously, I had contractions like that starting at around 6pm the day I went into labor and by midnight they were coming on strong. I went into the hospital at 5:00 am and was admitted. I did feel 'off' in a way, too that whole week. Congrats!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• With 3 of my 5 babies I felt like you are now for 3 weeks at a time. I had regular contractions too and they weren't labor either. I was anxious and agitated, I couldn't relax or sleep well too. Good luck, it really sucks.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Sorry, it might sound stupid but even if my water hasn't "broken" and I am not dialated this could still be labor ? I am still having them..and plan on going walking after work today...i feel so anxious now..I still feel off! My oldest one is 13 and my youngest..my water was leaking but don't remember any contractions, they actually had to give me meds to induce my labor and brake my water at the hospital. I feel so rusty in this whole baby birth thing.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009