My 4 month old HATES to be in the car/car seat? Any advice?

I have no idea why... the moment we put him into the car seat he starts to cry. It's rare that I/we get a peaceful ride in the car with him, and that is usually only when I am sitting back there with him distracting him the whole time. Any thoughts? Anyone else have a similiar experience?

GeoLeoMom

Asked by GeoLeoMom at 4:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD was like this. For her, it was the fact that she could never really get to sleep. Every time we hit a bump in the road, it would make her jump & wake her up. I started putting a blanket or stuffed animal next to her & that helped. You can putting a baby mirror on the back seat so he can see himself. Or maybe a fun CD of children's song to listen to. Does his car seat fit him properly? See if straps need to be adjusted or if he is ready for a new carseat. Other than that, you might just want to cut down on the car trips until he outgrows this a bit.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I found that my kids hated their bucket infant seats, but were MUCH better in the convertible seats, especially the ones that are a bit higher to they can see out the window. My now 26 month old hated is carseat til we got him a Truefit, he can see out the side window(and he is RFing just like your LO should be). Theres more room, the materials are more comfy, theres more padding AND they can sit up higher and can see out. Toys are great to give them but make sure they are safe to throw at your own head because it will go flying in an accident and could hit you or the baby.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009