can pannick attactks last for days?

yesterday I was admitted to my local ER for a very rapid heart beat while putting in my iv my heart rate plummeted and I blacked out. My heart rate stabilized on its own and they said oh it must have been a panick attack. Today is the third day I have been having this rapid heart rate and I just don't know where to go from here. I am being treated for anxiety and depression but I've been doing really well lately and it just doesnt feel like a normal panic attack. I don't know has anyone had a panic attack that lasted 3 days?

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 4:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• it's possible. talk to your doc
    Anonymous

• What kind of test have they ran on you?? That dose not sound normal!! I have had panic attacks before and it don't last for days! What kind of medicine did they give you? My dad has also had several panic attacks all of his life and is on meds for them so i am pretty familiar with them!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No, the ones I had (which were major) did not ever last for days. I would go to your doctor and have them check you again.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• The actual panic attack may not last for days, but you could still feel off for a couple of days. I would go the doctor and find out what is going on, did the ER test your heart? An EKG or ultrasound of your heart to see if there were issues there?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009