how many ounces of formula should a three month take

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just read that a baby should drink 2-2.5 ounces of formula per each lb he/she weighs.

Answer by GeoLeoMom at 4:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think it's diff. for every baby. My DD is breastfed but I pump and she drinks a bottle and some formula during the day. She only eats about 8 oz. the whole 8 hours I'm gone and then wants to eat a lot at night. She's not like an hourly kind of eater, she just binges a lot sometimes and other times will only eat 4 oz. in like 7 hrs. She's gaining so I don't worry about it.

Answer by danielp at 4:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• as much as they want . they will eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full . if the baby is growing and gaining weight there is no reason to worry

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i was told just to give it to them they will tell you when they are full. cody is only 6 weeks he eats 4 oz and sometime 6 oz every 2 hours on the dot (lol). other days it seams he eats all day no stopping in between. But he closes his lips and won't let anything in not even the passy.

Answer by firstmom1977 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my son eats about 6 oz every 3-4 hrs and hes 2 months old

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2009