How do I get my daughter to eat healthy and like it?

My daughter is light and not one sign of fat in her body, but I want her to stay healthy like that. Is their any way I could get her to enjoy eating healthy?

michelle.devin4

Asked by michelle.devin4 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• if she likes fruit and some vegges keep giving her those and do not tell it is good for her.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Find a local produce market and take her with you. Let her pick out anything she wants to try, with the stipulation that she has to really try the things she picks out. Also, by letting her help you prepare a healthy meal (let her do some of the actual cooking if she can) it will encourage her to eat what she has cooked. Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Keep cooking healthy meals, force nothing, and lead by setting a good example. Discuss healthy eating, what is healthy, and don't bring junk food into the house. Leading by example (making / eating healthy foods each day) is the most powerful tool there is!
    Kids love to dip: fruit & yogurt; veggies & hummus or salad dressing; whole wheat pasta & marinara sauce.
    I have a ton of healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly recipes. I can list some;contact me for recipes.
    Noodles & veggies with peanut sauce
    Veggie pot pie
    Lentil tacos
    Squashed macaroni
    Sweet potato & black bean burritos
    Sloppy jojos (made with lentils)
    Noodles with beans, sauce, spinach&cheese
    Italian stew
    Veggie stew with dumplings (crockpot)
    Southwest falafel (bean patties with avocado sauce)
    Tofu "fish sticks" with sweet potato or acorn squash baked "fries"
    General Tsao’s Tofu
    Tamale Bean Pie

Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2009