poison ivy

I have poison ivy on my hands only my hands and I have a 2 month old daughter. I don't want her to get it but im not quite sure how to keep it from spreading.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use some plastic gloves, either doctors gloves or food prep gloves. You can buy either one at Walmart and they are disposable. Also you can use IVAREST, it is a cream and works wonderfully for poison ivy, it is in the pharmacy aisle
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 4:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Poison Ivy, or Poison Oak?

two TOTALLY different things

You can touch Poison Ivy and be fine
    Its the Oak that gives you a rash and itchiness

So I am assuming you have poison oak. I agree with the pp about buying some gloves so you can touch her. If it isn't spreading up your arms and such, then I would expect the rash to be gone in 2-3 days.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009