• In the Spotlight:

I just had my 3rd baby and my ankles are still swollen. What can I do to help make them go back down ???

I was 3 weeks early and I had high blood sugar and high blood pressure.

beckyfester

Asked by beckyfester at 4:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• Drinks lots of water, keep them elevated and put ice packs on them. It took mine like 2 weeks to go down. I HATED it.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 4:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Absolutely drink lots of water, like the pp stated above, and keep them elevated, but also watch your salt intake for just a while. You can also drink tea, which is a good diuretic. Take it easy. 3 kiddies are alot of care for, but see if a family member might come in and give you some help for a few days and you can stay off your toes. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 4:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes definitely do a low sodium diet for a while. Check the backs of packaged foods for sodium content cos most processed food is very high in sodium as is 99% of all fast food. Stay under 1200 mg per day if possible.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It took me 7 weeks for my swelling to go down completely after my 5th child. I feel your pain, just know it's a temporary thing. Good luck.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Drink plenty of water. Your body will store water if it gets dehydrated. Also, take 50 mg of vitamin B6 a day.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009