I have had a cough for about a month now, sunday morning i got up and was coughing and i heard cracking in my left side and i have been in pain ever since. my dr says he thinks i tore the cartiladge between my ribs. i can not get any relief from the pain, it hurts to move, breath, cough, anything i do. i'm 36 weeks pregnant, is there anything i can do to get relief cause the doctor was really no help?

rib pain during pregnancy.

froggiedee

Asked by froggiedee at 4:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• Have you had a x ray done! Cuz it sounds like you have pnuemonia and you could have collapsed one of your lungs! That's what it sounds like! Are you having trouble breathing? WEll I guess you said that you are having trouble breathing! GO TO THE ER IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD A XRAY THIS COULD BE SERIOUS! I'm not trying to scare you but for the health of you and your baby go to the ER! You need a x ray and they need to check you oxygen level! I know quite a bit medically!!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would go to a diferent dr asap or the er.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If your doctor did absolutely nothing for you then you need a new doctor. Secondly, I agree with SD777. You should either see a doctor that will take you seriously or you need to go to the ER. You could have serious issues beyond torn cartilage that you need to get checked out.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I feel your pain I had pneumonia long time ago 4 yrs ago and I get a LOUD pop and crack in the middle of my chest usually cracks a couple times a month,,,if you have insurance get in taken care of. I have no insurance so I have to be miserable...
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• He should have given you some tylenol 3. What a mean Dr.! I don't have any OTC ideas though sorry :(
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Seeing, you are pregnant, there probably isn't much that can be done. You cannot take anything for the cough. You cannot take anything for the pain. Try taking a long hot shower and let the water and steam work the stuff out. Also, sleep with a vaporizer on when you are sleeping, elevate your head to help with breathing. I really don't think there is much that can be done seeing you are pregnant.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009