How do I get my breastmilk to come back in after 2 months ????? Any ideas...

beckyfester

Asked by beckyfester at 4:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• Great article on the La Leche league website about re-lactation; check out the link

"I would like to resume breastfeeding after an interruption. How do I relactate?"

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/relactation.html
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would guess just having the baby nurse. Nursing is just a simple matter if supply and demand. So if you have more demand , you should be able to supply more?? Good luck.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 4:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Do you still have residual milk supply in your breasts right now? Depending on how old your baby is he/she might get frustrated if he/she starts attempting to nurse and nothing comes out. Do you have a breast pump either manual or electric? If so, start using that every 2-3 hours around the clock. It is so true with supply and demand, the more you demand, the more your body will supply. The herb fenugreek is known to increase milk production, so is hops found in malt beverages such as beer and malted milk. So grab a cold beer out of the fridge when you sit down to pump LOL. Good luck, I am sure that everything will turn out great! You just might not want to expect the same amount that you had before you stopped. Again, good luck with everything! www.EnhancingFamiles.com --Helping moms stay home and raise healthy, happy kids

amynic

Answer by amynic at 10:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009