Anyone use Nestle Goodstart formula?

My little guy has been on hypoallergenic formula since he was 5 weeks old. It's so expensive and the GI specialist told us (to try) to transition him at about 6 months. Is Nestle Goodstart more gentle than regualr Enfamil or Similac?

GeoLeoMom

Asked by GeoLeoMom at 4:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its was only thing my son could eat with out getting really gassy. i had a dr priscription for it. it also helped with his colic.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We used it.
    We tried several - regular enfamil and similac, soy, even Nutramagen for our daughter's reflux but Good Start worked the best for her. She had less gas, less spit-up, and less screaming with it than with any of the others. Though, she only had one bottle of Nutramagen so I don't know how well she would have done on it - she wouldn't take any after that first bottle!

Remember that every baby is different. One will do great on something that another does poorly on. But yes, Good Start is far more gentle than the regular versions of the other brands.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yes good start is gentler then the others ,
    good start breaks down the milk proteins alot more then similac and enfamil . my son was on it and since my milk stopped producing my daughter is now on it . you can try to apply for WIC . all you have to do is get your childs dr write a prescription for it and they will give it to you , my friend sara is getting 10 cans a month of the good start .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• oh on the prescription they have to write amedical condition so just have them write food allergy lol it covers it and WIC will take it also they have to write a length period so something like 6 months or 12 months.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I used it for a long time. My ds took better to it than Enfamil or Similac
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I just transitioned our 5 month old from Nutramgin to Nestle Goodstart and he has done wonderfully!
    GeoLeoMom

Answer by GeoLeoMom at 2:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009