has any one every been sude by a credit card company please let me know what can happen

i have a law suite against me from a credit card company that i owe. i am going threw bankrupcy. what will happen to me from the credit card company that has a law suite against me. please help. i am a stay at home mom with two children my husband just got called back to work at a lower pay. last yr we lost our house because his hour's got cut and i could not find a job would pay for daycare and still be able to take money home. just have been having lots of bad luck please help

horselover2

Asked by horselover2 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, is this particular credit card debt something that you claimed on your bankruptcy?

I don't know much about it, but from what I understand, if this debt is included in your bankruptcy you simply need to inform them that you have filed and they can't harass you anymore.

I had a bank sue me for a small loan I was unable to pay back. I never went to the court date...all that happened was instead of having a collections company call me constantly I was court ordered to pay the bill. Which I would have done anyways...I was only 6 months behind when they sued (I was out of a job at the time and unable to pay). I still was able to set up payments with that bank and didn't have to do anything differently.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Calm down.

Did you file bankruptcy already? Is it a chapter 7? If so, don't worry. All credit card debt and ALL lawsuits will be "stayed" pursuant to section 362 of the Bankruptcy Code. I was a bankruptcy paralegal and even filed myself. If the card is in your name and you're filing chapter 7.. they must stop the lawsuit or be in violation of the bankruptcy code. Just give all the information to your attorney and let them handle it.

:)
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 5:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• you just need to show up in court with your documents proving that you are going through bankruptcy. you will be fine.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• NOTHING,,,go to your court appointment and tell the judge your going through bankruptsy and he'll throw it out.....yes I've been there...don't stress you'll be okay
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009