In your opinion what's the meaning of a dysfunctional family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Any family unit where fear or uncertainty of basic rights is prevalent.

Lack of food, love, attention, discussion, social and developmental stimualtion.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Immature, uneducated, drama filled, narrow-minded....Oh, wait, I was talking about the side of my family whom I disowned about 10 years ago! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• One which consumes of Alcoholics, child abuse, spousal abuse,and drug addicts.
    Anonymous

• I agree with those answers 100%.
    prybrneyes38

Answer by prybrneyes38 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• by definition, a family that doesn't work as a cohesive unit, and is unable to support individual thought.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• educated only about themselves, goes to church and practices peace and unity only to those in the same class, selfish to not helping 'loved ones' because of too busy social calendars, takes and gives to a chosen one only if when the chosen one gives back in work support and ego support combined ... the list goes on. I could write a song about my parents abd siblings disfunctionality. I am so proud that my children are compassionate with each other through their lives and nothing like them and very little like their father. They love living like I do and they are not egotistical yet they are proud of their own accomplishments and those of others.
    Anonymous

• Someone who has a very inconsistent life and very unstable, immature, drugs, abusive! Nobody is perfect everybody will fall and make mistakes but that is not dysfunctional! I have seen so many dysfunctional people and its sad especially if one is part of your family who you are trying to help and nothing works! Some people just cant be helped because its their way of thinking or due to mental problems. Some people really cant help it though its just who they are!! It can be very sad when children are involved due to that most likely they will grow up the same way! But there are some children that grow up and break the cycle and change the way they raise their children!! You cant judge people unless you actually know them and know their story!

Anonymous

• I can't come up with a precise answer...come to my hubby's next family reunion, and you'll see for yourself!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009