9 months old?!?!?

What was your baby doing by 9 months? I feel like my daughter may be a little behind :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DON'T JUDGE YOUR BABY BY OTHERS, THEY ARE ALL INDIVIDUALLY DIFFERENT AND PROGRESS AT DIFFERENT RATES.

Answer by older at 5:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i agree with the pp. my dd is 10 months and not crawling yet, she hates tummy time. and she hates standing up too. she'd rather sit on her butt and scoot around on the floor, or be held. kind of annoying, but hey, i love her to death!
    Anonymous

• Here's a good chart for what kids of different ages can do...
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-7-to-12-months_1496587.bc

The first column are things that MOST (but not all) kids of a certain age can do. The middle column are things that about 1/2 of all kids of a certain age can do. The last column are things that a few kids of that age may be starting to do.

If your daughter can not do things that most of the babies 2 months younger than her can do, then there may be a problem... especially if those things are all in one major group like major muscle tasks or cognitive development. Otherwise, remember that all kids are different. That will be even more true in the coming 4 years. All toddlers and preschoolers master things at their own pace, in their own time, as they WANT to - no matter how hard you push.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• When I was freaking out about whether my daughter was on track or not my mother in law simply said, "have you ever heard of anyone who never learned how to walk?" (barring people with physical disabilities of course).
    And seriously, when you think about it, physically and mentally normal babies don't do things like learn how to crawl, but not how to walk. It might take some of them a while to learn how to walk, but in the end, they will.
    I don't know if that helps to comfort you. but it helped me
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 7:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009