What do mom's think about Breastfeeding?

What are the pro's and con's of Breastfeeding ladies?? I wanna know.. I am thinking about breastfeeding but unsure...Please let me know..

NewMomToBe84

Asked by NewMomToBe84 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://breastfeeding.about.com/od/breastfeedingbasics/a/proscons.htm

that web site actually lists pros and cons of breastfeeding, along with the benefits to the baby as well.

Good Luck with whatever you choose - and don't let anyone talk down to you about what you choose! Every mother-baby couple is different and has different needs to fit their lifestyles!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Well, it is there for baby...It is specifically made for baby...it is healthiest for baby...It is free...It is what nature intended, not, something man had to try and reproduce. It is harder at first, but, easier in the long run. BUT, nothing terrible with formula...it's just not quite the same.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Honey, just breastfeed.
    There is noone in this world who can deny that that is the absolute best thing you can nourish your baby with - and why on earcth would you not be willing to do the very best you can for your child?

There are NO cons for the baby with breastfeeding. It's the BEST thing you can do for them.
    Anonymous

• I love it i have a bond with my son and he is 14 months and we are expecting another baby or two and i will breastfeed him still once you do it you will enjoy it god luck
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 5:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• breastmilk may take on some of the same taste of the diet that the mom is eating. which MAY lead to a less picky baby/toddler.
    besides all the other stuff that everyone else has told you

Honestly, i think you should try as hard as you can to breastfeed. join La Leche League and get a breastfeeding consultant if you need to. Even WIC will try to help you breastfeed. Only turn to formula after you have exhausted all your efforts. GL.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Who on earth wouldn't support breastfeeding? It's a basic human right at birth.

Breastfeeding has gone wonderfully for me and my daughter.
    If you intend to succeed at breatfeeding though - you will have to put out all ideas of "I'll just have some bottles and formula lying around, just incase" - because that will be the death of your breastfeeding relationship.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• BF Pros: Always available with no equipment needed, WAY better for baby, less expensive, can help with mother baby bond.

BF Cons:Without a pump it can be harder to be separated from baby.

I do pretty much BF exclusively and think it is best in the long run. Is there a reason why you are considering not breast feeding your baby?
    MamaBuma

Answer by MamaBuma at 5:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• BF is definitely the most healthy choice for the baby. A Lot of babies get very colicky and sick bc they are allergic to the formula and cow's milk, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to be allergic to the breastmilk. However, some women have a hard time producing breastmilk or have to work too much to be able to. Its one of those things that, if you can, you prolly should, but if you can't then formula is there to help. Formula feeding IMO should not be used unless you can't BF for whatever medical reason. Plus BF will help you loose the extra weight of pregnancy!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I support choices. Breastfeeding is one possible choice. You have to figure out what would be best for you and your baby. When I had my daughter I found that it was best to do both. It was the right decision for us.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 6:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't think there are any cons to breastfeeding except maybe being seperated for long times. If you work and they don't allow you to pump, it will make it harder to do it, but you can still manage. I am breastfeeding my 14 mo old still and am 10 wks pregnant. I won't make my daughter quit just because I am pregnant... so you can still do it all the time for any reasons... I would NEVER NEVER use formula again. I had so many problems with my son while he was drinking formula and now after he is off. He is 5 and twice as sick as my 14 mo old... and is a lot more picky eater too. Try it, stick with it for about 6 to 8 wks. If after that you don't like it... then switch. But MOST moms that try it, and stick through thte rough parts, will continue! GOOD LUCK!
    logunsmommy

Answer by logunsmommy at 8:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009