Would you pay someone to grocery shop for you?

I was talking to my friend today and she mentioned that she needed to go grocery shopping, and that she HATES to grocery shop. I, on the other hand love grocery shopping. For some reason I find it fun. She then said "I'll pay you to do it for me!" - she actually lives in another state and wasn't serious.

Anyway, that got me thinking. I'm out of work now. Live in a pretty small community. I wonder how many people would actually pay someone 20-30 bucks to go to the store for them.

Nika75

Asked by Nika75 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would not, simply because I don't always see everything missing in my house. And I like to shop...it gives me some "me" time. AND I would be worried about the choices they would make about brands and stuff...somethings I am picky about and some I decide at the store which one to get via the price.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I use Peapod once or twice a year...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Personally, I wouldn't. I need to do every aisle myself or I'd forget so many things, I just can't make a thorough enough list for someone else to do it. My DH did the shopping the last few months of both my pregnancies and making the list was way more stressful than just going myself, lol. Also, if I had the extra money, I'd probably shop online and have it delievered instead of having someone else do it, I think our local grocery store only charges $10 extra for that.

All that being said, my BGF DESPISES grocery shopping. Her husband does it all and always has. She HATES it, cracks me up. Maybe someone like that would want a service like this.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• At times it would be convient, but make sure that the list is specific because you don't want to get yelled at because you bought store brand instead of name brand. Have fun. I hope it works out for you.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 8:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Hell yeah!! I hate shopping, any kind of shopping.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I wouldnt, I dont even let my hubby pick up something i need on his way home. I need to check prices, and read the nutrition label.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2009