Would you pay someone to grocery shop for you??

I was talking to my friend today and she mentioned that she needed to go grocery shopping, and that she HATES to grocery shop. I, on the other hand love grocery shopping. For some reason I find it fun. She then said "I'll pay you to do it for me!" - she actually lives in another state and wasn't serious.

Anyway, that got me thinking. I'm out of work now. Live in a pretty small community. I wonder how many people would actually pay someone 20-30 bucks to go to the store for them

Nika75

Asked by Nika75 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• If I could afford it, yes I would pay someone to grocery shop and run errands for me! I think though that would be the problem in this economy.. those of us who would want to prolly can't afford to or already have someone who does it for them? :( Wouldn't hurt though to run an ad and see if you get any responses!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I could see doing that when I had babies or young children (when going to the store was a MAJOR ordeal). I did do the Safeway.com home delivery back then, and I think I paid around $10 for that service.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 6:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I use Peapod a couple of times a year

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I actually love grocery shopping also. Okay I love ALL shopping lol. Like the above posters said I don't think many people can afford it right now. I know all of our local grocery stores that used to offer the service did away with it. That might work in your favor though. Worth a try!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009