If you had a chance for a better life...would you take it?

What gives you the right to tell immigrants not to come?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They are more than welcome to come, legally. Coming here illegally, living off OUR system, and taking advantage of our country is wrong. And I have EVERY RIGHT to tell them to go home. I'm here legally, I was born here, I am an AMERICAN by birth. If you dont have the integrity to come here legally, then sucks for you, but I have every right to tell your butt to go home.

Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 5:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I had a good chance and I came to U.S but I miss my family so much back home. I want to go back but I can't.
    Anonymous

• I agree with abbynzachsmommy
    Come here legally and i dont have a problem with that.
    sneak over the borders and try to take away from America what belongs to America is wrong.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would take the opportunity only if I could do so legally. I wouldn't tell legal immigrants not to come here. I would tell illegal immigrants to go back to where they came from and start over, doing it the right way this time.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Ditto to Abbynzachsmommy
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Nothing, it says on the front door:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I came to U.S legally and I work hard and pay taxes. But some come illegally and with my taxes they have the best life. Government gives them food ........ and they got dozen of kids. It is not fair to us.
    Anonymous

• Its sad because most American do not know how hard it is to live in these 3rd world countries. They just don't know. I have lived in one and its no fun at all. There are so many talented children in other countries who have no hope for the future. For example, i have a cousin who is from Kenya and he is SO bright and wanted to be an Artist but guess what, he is a teacher because that is the only job that he can get. He has so much potential but very little resources. Its sad. There is nothing i can do for him, they make it so difficult for people to come to this country thanks to 9/11.
    Anonymous

• if you can not come here legally then you do not belong here. by the way i am part native american so i think im safe from getting kicked out. just in case someone brings up that argument.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009