make up advice

So my good friend is another friends MOH and asked me if i can do her (my friend) and another bridesmaids makeup for the wedding. I feel that im very good at doing makeup but i was wondering if you ladies had any advice on how to make the makeup pop and stay in tact throughout the day. I used to do all my friends makeup for dances and prom in high school but that was 4 years ago! Also if you have any "must have" products i will need for that day im willing to listen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• DS is demanding a bath but ill PM you with some tips that I use that I got from a 'professional' make up artist that saved me the day of my wedding when I ended up having to do it myself :)
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• For a wedding don't go without a primer! Especially not in the summer! I sell Avon and I am in love with the Magix Face Perfector Primer. Its awesome and its only $10! Just a tip put it on their eyelids too. It will make the eyeshadow look my vibrant, not get creases and stay put without melting off. Do waterproof everything! I'd suggest the Superfull Waterproof Mascara and Glimmersticks waterproof eyeliners. Go with black instead of brown it will pop more. Go with a longlasting lipstick. I love the Perfect Wear Extralasting Lipstick Enduring Wine is a little dark but tends to look good on everyone, Nude Blush is pretty on all skin types too and isn't as dark. Line the entire lip in a nude shade and then apply lipstick. You can get those products at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping! Hope that helps! I do weddings often and those tricks help me!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• MAC cosmetics they are theatrical.they are very heavy.my daughter used to work for mac and a girl she new did hers for her wedding.i think it is to heavy.but it is good for weddings.i got my make up done from my daughters at barneys and she used bobbie brown.it wasnt as heavy at all.i do have to say the girl who worked for mac did a much better job.(i must say i never saw a girl a beautiful as her before)i am not gay.but this girl was esquisite...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If you are on a budget and cannot afford Mac or Bobbie Brown you could try Revlon Color stay! I use the Eyeliner every day and I love it! It NEVER smudges! I have used several of the line and it truly does last all day!! I have gone to bed with my eye makeup on and in the morning it looked exactly the same!! (Not sure if that's a good thing or not!! LOL) My point is: It really does hold up well!! For the eyeliner and mascara I always buy the waterproof kind!!!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009