I desperately need help filling out a resume. I've been a stay at home mom for a lil over 4yrs. My son will be attending preschool so i need to find a job, nothing serious as i have no trained experience. I just need a min wage job. I feel i have no real experience doing anything so therefore i don't know what to put on any part of the resume. Please any help would be great. Thanks

NativeMomma

Asked by NativeMomma at 5:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Might you be interested in a home business? Work the hours you need to, around the schedule of your family. Let me send you a pm with the current promotion at Gold Canyon.

Marianne
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Have you thought about staying home and working? I just started an at home biz, my one son is already in school- he is 5 and my other is only 2 but will be in school so shortly. Maybe an idea for you. The comp I work with has just recently received an award from the BBB for its ethics and integrity so it is NO SCAM! If interested you can go to my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to help you and get you more info!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Are you filling out a forum or do you just need help making a resume? The way your question is written it sounds like you are filling out an application. If so, post the questions or scan it into the PC, upload the image into photobucket and post a link and we can all pick away at it for you.
    If it's just a resume, then first you put your name, address phone # and eMail address at the top center.
    Then the date from and to you worked and where, then the next line down you put what you did.
    After work experience you put any education you may have and then under that you can put references if there is room. You only want to put references at the bottom if you have a big open area at the bottom of that page, because blank space looks tacky. But if you are just looking for a Mommy Job like at Target (and it's ok don't let people tell you otherwise) you don't really need a resume, you just fill out an application.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I ran out of room above. So here we go.
    Center this: Your First and Last Name
    Address
    phone #
    email address

(stop centering)
    (Bold this line)Experience:
    March 1995 - Dec 1998 Mismatch Cleaners 215-555-5555
    Washing, drying, folding clothing. Also I was a closer

Jan. 1993 - March 1995 WalMart 319-555-5555
    Front end shift leader, cashier, customer service

(Bold this line)Education:
    East Wonderful High School, Wonderful New York Diploma

(Bold this line)Personal References:
    Bart Holiday 309-555-5555
    Sub contractor

Kaylee Anderson 608-555-5555
    On Trial for Murder

Ok, I think you get the idea.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• ... and just a side note, work at home united is being sued by almost every state in the US. If you want a real work at home job, visit my website, it's my ID. My website was on the EVENING NEWS as a TRUSTED website. Unlike work at home united which is only in the news as they are sued.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• A couple of comments regarding the postings above; guard your refences like gold; only provide them after you have had at least one face-to-face interview. You resume needs to be more than a task list; it need to tell the story of how you made a difference/what you accomplished. You may have several different resumes, each geared towards a different type of job; one may highlight administrative skills, one may highlight management skills,etc.

In the current job market, cover letters have become at least as important as resumes. You cover letters tells the hiring manager / HR person what you can do to help their company.

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• thank you all for commenting i will try to get my resume started and try to post it so whomever can make corrections.
    NativeMomma

Answer by NativeMomma at 5:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009