why is she doing this?

my daughter won't sleep by herself anymore even when she laying in the bed right next to me.for the last couple of nights she has been waking up crying and only wants to sleep on top of me even when she takes her daily naps. and then she pinches my boobs while she sleep and rubs my tummy repeatly ...why do you think she is doing this. btw she is 11 month old

amiyamom

Asked by amiyamom at 5:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because she loves her mommy and doesn't like being alone - which is absolutely understandable, and completely normal.
    Enjoy the closeness while she's still little.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• could be sick...they get clingy when they get sick
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I can't imagine why but closeness with mom sounds good. Touching your nipples if you BF it could be a comfort association, maybe?. i don't know if everything else seems normal, no fever, etc. I would think it is that her awareness of the world is expanding and near mommy seems the best most safe place in the whole wide world. So, enjoy being "it" the center of her world. : )
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my lil one pinches my arm,it a thing they find that helps for them to fall asleep,my nephew used to play with hair.she probaly is afriad youll leave her there.i have to be with my lil one also until she is asleep,its a stage that i hope will go away/
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2009