"Every Generation" and the End of the World

Every time someone brings up the End Times prophesies there has to be some wise guy who claims that "Every generation has said that these are the end times." or that there really aren't any new prophesies being fulfilled.

Is that true? Is there some reason that this really IS the end? What prophesies are being fulfilled that have NEVER been fulfilled before?

Because if this is really true it would be important to know, and I don't want to be cynical about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Caitrawks, I am not trying to seem arrogant. : ) I am sorry. These are things that a lot of people know. Things that we have all been waiting for. When we watch the news we see our Bibles coming true. Some Christians might not know about this if they go to churches that don't teach the Bible or encourage their members to read it. Unfortunately some churches just want to make their members "feel good" but don't really equip them in the faith.

But a lot of us believers here are on the same page. Look at the things I was bringing up. Those are real prophesies that have come true in OUR lives, these things were foretold thousands of years ago, specifically. And they are not things that we are twisting to match things that are going on. If you read all the old old old commentaries you will see them waiting for these things to happen!!!

It is exciting.Now, you don't have to believe. But at least take the time to trip out!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Okay, here is one thing that was prophesied in both Ezekiel and Revelation that has never been even been close to being fulfilled until today. The Bible says that Israel will be attacked by Gog and Magog in the Tribulation. That is modern day Russia and Iran.

There has never been a time in history when Russia and Iran are friends, both with nuclear weapons. Iran's president has been very clear that he wants to wipe Israel off the planet.

Okay I will post more prophesies that are distinct to our generation.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• All I know is the Bible said no man knows the day or the hour, so I just ignore the "End Times prophets." It also says to "occupy until I come". Meaning, live your life as though you would have a regular, full life. Don't go selling all your stuff and giving all the money away and sit on a mountain somewhere waiting for the "hour".
    God wants us to LIVE our lives.
    Anonymous

• I spot Jehovah Witnesses tackling CM. Cyber "bother someone" quota has being fulfilled. LOL.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Globalization is another huge sign that is distinct to OUR generation. The Bible predicted a revised roman empire and a last days restoration of Babylon. Right now the European union has become a revised roman empire. They have even created posters (that they had to retract) that shows Europe rebuilding the Tower of Babel, right where it left off when God destroyed it. Their slogan is "Many Tongues, One Voice"

There has never been a time in history where we have been able to be a global community, like we are. Everyone is anticipating a man of peace who can lead the world. This can only be Anti-Christ.

Our grandparents could never have dreamed of this stuff.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• OP here. Not a Jehovah's Witness. Just trying to see what people are so cynical about.
    Anonymous

• *sigh* Seriously. I don't have to explain it or go Google-digging just to please you. But yes, EVERY SINGLE generation has its end of the world theories. Ever heard of Y2K? That was one. What about Haley's Comet? Or the Hale Bopp comet? I'm sure every single day is the end of the world to some religious group somewhere in the world. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• What about the move towards cashless society and a one world currency? That is new to our generation?
    Anonymous

• Oh, caitxrawks Y2K, Haley's Comet, Hale Bopp, are not prophesies in the Bible.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I'm sure many people in the past attributed their problems and disasters to the Bible as well. I find it extremely...I dunno, arrogant to assume that just because you see some similarities then it must be true. Don't you think that every single Christian everywhere would see the signs if they were true? Why isn't everyone on their knees screaming for Jesus already?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009