Is cramping normal in first trimester of pregnancy?

LilRyansMommy18

Asked by LilRyansMommy18 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• absolutly. i had them so bad,. the dr said its normal. just alot of changes goin on that ur bodys not used to.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yeah
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• what kind of cramping sweetie?? and if its to bad i would talk to my doctor about it!
    i had cramping but it turned out to be just my body changing
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 5:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• it is common I don't like to use the word "normal" bcuz moms who are not getting them are going to think they are not normal or that there is something wrong with their baby. But most moms do get them your body is stretching even if you don't see the expansion right now.

Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 5:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes - I had bad cramping, like the lower back pain I get during my period, for a couple weeks early in my pregnancy. It was nothing to be concerned about.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 6:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yes. every pregnancy is different; even with the same woman. i had no cramping and no braxton hicks contractions that i could feel til 38 weeks with my first pregnancy. With this one, i've had cramping off and on in the first trimester and braxton hicks contractions (the tightening coupled with the cramping) that i could feel from like, 8 weeks on, this whole pregnancy. Baby is fine; so am I. I'm 26 weeks thus far. Just a different baby, different pregnancy. Cramping is just your uterus contracting which it does regularly during pregnancy from about 8 weeks on. It feels like period cramps at first, but later in pregnancy it feels like a tightening (braxton hicks). Some women feel it; some don't but they're always there. It's your uterus prepping; warming up for labor. "working out" if you will.
    asherraifsmom

Answer by asherraifsmom at 9:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009