does/did your baby dd cry when you put her hair up?

i recently started putting pigtails in her hair (so cute!) but she cries when i do it. is it because she has to get used to her hair being messed with, with the occasional tug when i put the bands in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• probly pulling her hair. my dd whines when i do but she hates havin her hair touched or nything on her head.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• its the pulling and tugging on her hair that bugs her. she'll get used to it and get to a point where all she wants is you to put up her hair. my daughter was the same way,now shes 3 1/2 and won't leave the house unless her hair is up and she won't sleep unless its braided.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My daughter is 19 months, I started putting her hair up at 12 months, and she still hates me to mess with her hair. She cries and fusses when I brush it as well. If I put her hair up, she pulls out the bow or clip...it's a losing battle.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• She may just have a very tender scalp. My daughter did and I had to be very careful when I worked with her hair. Some scalps are just tougher than others. So maybe just try to be a bit more gentle.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If you do it everyday and make it a normal part of your daily routine, she will come to deal with it. It took my, now three year old about a month to stop acting like it was killing her when I was doing her hair. Instead of giving up I would continue to do it after she got dressed every morning. She now tells me what she want me to do to her hair, "I only want one pony today mommy, I had two yesterday!" Hown cute is that!! girls are great!!!!!
    Stephanedawn

Answer by Stephanedawn at 7:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My poor DD still has no real hair! :0( when I try to comb her fuzz to the side though she whines a lot. Mostly from me holding her still.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If she cries, don't do it. She is not a doll for you to dress up, she is a human being.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My daughter does the same thing!! She will leave her hair in for about an hour at the most and then will rip it out while we're out in public. Her hair looks like I've neglected it in a few days after it comes out of her tiny pigtails.
    It really is a losing a battle.
    SBC0110

Answer by SBC0110 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009