How would you go about this question?

How to find out if your daughter has kissed a boy? Or sex....I guess we'll never know. Or maybe just drop it.

Well she is my sd... we used to be close but now a teenager and her bm is now in her life even more now when she was little didn't care to watch her I guess she would dump her off with us. While she did her thing...I guess. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• First off, why would you want to know? and secondly I guess you just ask.
    Anonymous

• maybe just ask? if her bm is in her life,you may want to ask her if shes had the sex talk w/her and if not if she wants to or if you can if she hasn't. then you guys can go from there.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would start reminiscing about my own first kiss, and maybe that would start a conversation.  I was stunned to hear how my mom was dating a Marine, when she was only 15!  LOL My sister and I were tame compared to our mom.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 5:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would sit her down and have a chat, about sex, stds, pregnancy. One kiss leads to other things. When i found out my son was kissing his girlfriend I scared the crap out of him with std stories. My husbands brother died of aids so I had a great one to tell. I think communication is the key. Good Luck.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 6:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think that all of the comments here are so good I cannot add to them. Read them and take them to heart.
    MaeElizabeth

Answer by MaeElizabeth at 7:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Just have the sex talk and see if she opens up to you. Don't push her or she won't talk to you at all. Open communication is the best way. NO freaking out, no preaching. The more you push the less she will communicate and trust you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• There's so much more to this than just whether or not she has begun exploring sex. If you want to learn more about what she is facing, check out www.pamstenzel.com. You'll learn a lot!
    momluvscoffee

Answer by momluvscoffee at 3:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2009