My daughter wants her belly button pierced???

Our neighbor gave her daughter a birthday present by allowing her 13 year old daughter to get her belly pierced with out her dad's approval.

But now my kid wants one....aarrgg!!! Not yet atleast :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I know the piercing shops here in Ohio you must be 16 with Id, and parent with ID. How in the heck did a 13 yr old pull it off?
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i didnt get mine until i was 16 or 17.i think 13 is too young.they shouldnt even be wearing belly shirts.plus i dont think a 13 yr old is able to take as much precaution and time to do all the cleaning thats necessary on the wound every day twice a day and in between.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 5:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• all kids want piercings, don't let them get any til they are 18.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• here in pa its 13 minimum with a parent/guardian signature. there not that big a deal imo, atleast she came to you about it instead of going behind your back to a shop with little or no experience not clean and willing to do it without you. id let her get it if it was me.
    Anonymous

• Your choice you are the mom. these kids want to grow up so quickly. I can tell you that it hurts like H... and that it takes a long time to heal sometimes a year. It must be taken care of carefully. If you choose to let her get one I have a trick that worked wonders for me. Put a shot glass in the shower, and a table salt container next to it. Every shower put salt in the bottom of the shot glass and fill it with water, then hold over the belly button for a count of 30. Its is the best. Good luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 6:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would make her wait, my 15 and 16 year old got one as a christmas present. But they are the most difficult piercing to take care of and most prone to infection. So unless she is super responsible I would make her wait a few years. Maybe make a deal with her, if she can keep up her grades etc,.. then maybe in the future you can redisscuss the issue. Might give you a little time.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i got mine pierced at 14-15. my mom had to sign a consent form. she was reluctant to allow me to get it pierced, but she knew that i was gonna do it on my own if she didn't take me to get it done at a shop. at least she knew it was sterile opposed to me doing it myself with whatever i could find. i think 13 is too young... heck.. even 14-15. maybe 16, but it's up to you. if you think she's the type to do it herself anyway, then i'd take her to get it done just to make sure it's done safely. but if not, tell her to wait.
    Anonymous

• I didn't listen to my parents and I pierced mine with a safety pin. Lesson learned...I have a horrible scar.
    Anonymous

• I begged my mom to let me get my tongue peirced when I was 13. She said no and that was her final answer. I knew better than to ask again. Three yrs later on my 16th she took me to get it done. I personally would let my boys get anything they wanted peirced once they turned 16. Also I would take her to a peircing shop let them explain everything thats done in detail. If she still wants it than do reseach about "the bad things that can happen" show her and explain that there's alot of work involved in taking care of it so tht these things won't happen. If she still want's it which I doubt tell her she has to wait until the age you think she's old enough to get it done.
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i would wait until she turns 16. me personally didnt get mine pierced til i was 19 and out of her house because she wouldnt let me get it done.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009