How Did those moms that had to deliver early cope???

Right now im 33 weeks and a few days. I have mil preeclampsia and the doctors say that i maybe delivering soon. im really scared cuz how early my baby girl will be. right now they say she is over 4lbs. and they gave me the steroid shots to develop her lungs. they say she will be fine as long as i get to 34weeks but its still a scary thing. tell me what you all think.....

nicole103124

Asked by nicole103124 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry, hon. I know you're scared for her, but if the doctors say she will be fine and have given you the steroid shots, you just need to put it in God's hands. Follow the doctor's advice to the letter, though! The doctors will decide to deliver your dd if they think you are getting to high a blood pressure and may go into a seizure.

My blood pressure was way high and I delivered at 37 weeks. My son is fine. It took me about a week for my blood pressure to go down, though. I was in the hospital for a few days after (C-section)and they were worried my pressure was remaining high. They gave me medication for it and it was still up there. They never did figure out why it took so long to go down.

So, like on an airplane when the flight attendant tells you to put the mask on yourself FIRST and then your child, you need to concentrate on taking good care of yourself so you can take care of her.
    Anonymous

• I had my boy at 26 weeks/6months into pregnancy. Placenta privia, and was hard, because he had to be transfered to another hospital 30 minutes away. Your daughter will be fine, maybe small, but the medical technology they have now is very good. If you have friends that are christian, have them pray for you and her.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the previous posters, put your faith in god, listen to the doctors, and that's all you can do. It's out of your hands. My neighbor girl was born at 5 months gestations, and was barely over 1 pound. She was about the size of a soda can with arms and legs, but now she's 17 and very active and lively with no long term side effects, so miracles do happens and prayer does help just keep yourself as healthy as possible. And good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009