girl parts?

has anyone ever herd of or had this happen? i took my lil one to her 1st year doc app. and they checked her down there,they said she was closing up and gave me some cream to rub on it,said its her devoploping her own hormones,the cream was estrogin.they said i have to watch it until she hits pubity(spelling).they also said it wouldnt complety close there would be a little hole for her to pee,but if left on treated would cause alot of urinary track infections in life.

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 6:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As a matter of fact, Mia had that at like 4 months. Its normal for them to check their private area and when our pedi saw it was closing they gave us the same cream. It looked scary cuz it comes iwth a syringe but its no big deal. we had to put it on for 10 days everytime we changed her diaper but it was just like putting on Desitin. After the 10 days we went for a follow up, it opened perfectly and we havent had to use it since. Its caused by the fact that young babies arent as active with their legs and because of the closeness of the diaper. It can cause infection which is why they treat it but its no biggie and is more common then they let on. I remember the pharmacist asking how i got the Rx because its sometimes given to menopausal women as therapy as well hence the syringe. Dont worry about it though....it only sounds scary
    MiasMommy21

Answer by MiasMommy21 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• no I've never heard of that. I don't have a daughter of my own, but I didn't know it could "close up."
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I haven't heard of that. If you are wondering if the doctor is wrong, go get another opinion.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• she showed me a pic,i belive her,my sister said her babys doc always checked her baby down there but she never knew what for.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• that would be labial fusion.

I know someone who's dd had it, the labia fused together, so they had to put a cream on it to make sure that it wouldn't - don't know any other details really. but my doctor checked my girls too.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i actually recently heard about this from one of my friends her daughter had this problem, she's 9 months old but had this problem originally around 6 months old, they used the cream on it and it seemed to get better. And just recently they noticed it again, but it had closed up worse than the first time and the doctor actually had to physically open it. She said it's very rare, only about 2% of all baby girls go threw this. That's all i know about it.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It's very common. As hypermamaz says, it's called labial fusion or labial adhesion. The cream will reverse it and she will have no problems.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009