How do you pray?

Is there a particular spot you like to pray, time of the day or position?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• This reminds me of a great conversation that I had with a co worker one day. I was under my desk on my knees..picking something up. She snarked at me..."What are ya doing?..Praying down there? ..without thinking...(it must have been the Holy Spirit.) I replied "heaven's no...If I got down on my knees everytime that I prayed...I would never get up. " LOL

In other words...I pray all day long. Whenever I need or want to. Just a lil wish or hope that I send up for myself or for others.

I look at prayer like an ongoing conversation with my Father, our father. It is not formal for me....I ask alot of questions and ask for guidance.

God hears every prayer...sometimes the answer is no, or wait...but he does answer.

hope that helps!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 6:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• we say prayers at bedtime with my girls.

every night we switch rooms - and whoever's room it is goes first saying thanks.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• This site may offer some great insights....the stories are incredible!

http://www.actsweb.org/articles/article.php?i=26&d=1&c=2&p=1

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 6:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It depends on what my purpose for prayer is. We think that prayer is just asking God for stuff but it really is about communication and building that relationship with Him. So if I want to have an indepth conversation or really focused prayer time I generally want a quiet spot without too many distractions. The best place is my living room, early in the morning before the kids and hubby are up. If it is just a "good morning God, thank you for...., short prayer then I just sort of say it or think it, He hears me. At dinner time we have family prayer, we close our eyes and hold hands. Usually DH prays. And I pray at meals, close my eyes and thank God. So lots of different ways depending on the purpose.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I like to pray all though the day but most of the time I pray on my bed or couch and at night when everyone is asleep but me

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• it dont matter where or how as long as its from the heart.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I "pray" throughout the day. It's more like a conversation with the Lord and Lady, though. I do sometimes have more "formal" prayers, though, in my Circle at my alter.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2009