My 11 year old daughter just asked to shave her legs...can we start lazer at this age?

I have been doing lazer and am thrilled with the results. Wouldn't it have been nice to be hairless for most of our adult life and not have to worry!

tassk

Asked by tassk at 6:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• it would be awesome to be hairless for most of your adult life, but i doubt they'll let her do it because she's so young, but i would definitely let her start shaving or using nair or something.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You would pay for that? I wish my mom would have done that for me! Instead she grounded me for shaving my arms haha.
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• HOLY crap are you kiddin shes a child. at least wait until shes 16
    Anonymous

• My thought process on laser was simply that ...if you start shaving, the hair gets coarse and thick, so why not attack the root while it's undamaged. Waxing and epilady do the same it just takes longer. Laser is permanent. I was hoping it would save her a lot of time in the future.

tassk

Answer by tassk at 9:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• She should make this decision herself, when she is an adult.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I agree with rkoloms, she should decide when she is an adult.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• A little off subject but could I ask approximately how much does the laser cost?

I would probably wait til she is 13 or 14 maybe if the hair is light colored anyway and then I would make her shave at least a few times. I believe that everyone should learn the various ways to do different things just so they know how and then if they want to do it the easy way - fine. But at least they know the hard way too just in case the easy way doesn't work sometime.

LifeGoesOn08

Answer by LifeGoesOn08 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'd wait until she's at least 14 and then ask her what she wants to do.
    Princess02266

Answer by Princess02266 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No shes too young just let her shave its part of life, laser is an extreme usually at that age the hair is not that much anyway!!!
    jaramilloe88

Answer by jaramilloe88 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Why have her wait to make the decision when she's an adult? I mean really, what adult woman would choose to have hairy legs? She obviously (IMO) won't regret having smooth legs. If a doctor will do it at this age, and you're willing to pay for it, why not? Lucky girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2009