What is a good idea for my daughters 1st birthday party?

I am having her party July 25th but I dont want to have the normal get-together with cake and icecream and little gift bags from wal-mart. Any ideas for an original kind of party?

octoberlynn

Asked by octoberlynn at 6:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My Daughter's 1st Birthday was at the end of May and we had a pool party with a bbq. I bought a kiddie pool, we had bubbles and beach balls. I rented a snow cone and cotton candy machine. The kids ranged from 10 months to 2 yrs and they had so much fun. We also had all kids of food to bbq and I had my Daughter's favorite food for the babies like cubed ham, turkey and cheese, cottage cheese and different fruit. Good luck!
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Were just having our family, it's who shes comfy with and her own little cake. Maybe BBQ...I would like to do bigger, but she's still little and I don't want her too nervous around people she doesn't know...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2009