Spiritual families :)

Do you have devotions with each child separately or with the whole family? How often? Do you pray with and over your children daily? This is such a blessing to be used and see our kids grow. Pls share!

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 6:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We have morning and evening devotions/worship altogether. We pray for our loved ones and all those on our prayer list who asked for special prayer. We sing songs, read Bible stories, and thank God for the blessing of a new day. We ask that He take control of our day, keep us safe, and make us good stewards of the time He has blessed us with.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• In our family, we do a Veggie Tales devotional every Sunday at supper time. It's for children 3-10 and it's fun for the whole family. My oldest son is 9 and has his own devotional. We don't ever force him into it, but he likes doing a page every other day or maybe 3 times a week. The younger two do not have a devotional (they are 2 and 3).

I do pray over my children daily, when we put them to bed and all throughout the day silently. I even have journals where I record the events of the day for each of them and end each one in a prayer.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 6:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I usually wait to pray for my whole family until they are all asleep. I did that alot when my son was having bad dreams. I would stand over his bed and softly tell him that whatever was bothering him did not belong to this life and he needed to let it go. After about three times, it worked.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes! I do read the Bible with my girls every day. And I help my older dd memorize scriptures. We recite them while we are playing outside or driving to the store and I explain to her what they mean.

I pray for their salvation every day. That is the most important request I have. It is more important to me than health and safety. I pray for that too, though.

We also love to sing worship songs at home. And we play church, my dd loves to "teach me" the Bible. It is soooo awesome.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Every night my husband and I take turns saying the Lords Prayer and praying for everyone. Every night we do this we feel the stress of the day just roll off us.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 7:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes i do, I pray for my kids when they go to sleep and i am blessed to have healthy kids im prego now and im already praying over my baby.. THe bible says speak LIFE... Everyday that I live i am blessed

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We try and do nightly prayers and sometimes day ones.
    I dont pray over my children, I pray with them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009