Anyone have any tips to weaning a one yr old who has never accepted the bottle or sippy cups?

My son may temporarily entertain the idea of takinge a bottle or cup 2 or 3 times in a week. Usually he just screams inconsolably at the top of his lungs if Mommy is not around for him to nurse. I have tried almost every type of cup or bottle to no avail. Not even warm breastmilk in the bottles will work. I tried weaning him cold turkey but didn't have the heart to go through with it. I never found a formula he would drink so i decided to just breastfeed until he made a year old. Now that he is one he is showing no signs of wanting to wean. My other 2 sons were gradually weaned off a feeding at a time by the time they were 9 to 11 months.

iluvcocacola

Asked by iluvcocacola at 6:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you want to stop breastfeeding get a milk similar to the taste.breastmilk it a sweeter milk so I would advise you to get Goat milk.It will help switch him over I had the same problem with my son.
    krazymomma427

Answer by krazymomma427 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009