is it safe to take a bath, if your almost 39 weeks pregnant?

mommy201988

Asked by mommy201988 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah, as long as the water isn't too hot & you can get out of the tub lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If you can get out. :)

With my first, I always made sure my husband was there to help me. Just try to be sure you are able to get out seriously, if it's too slippery you could easily lose your balance. Otherwise, Go for it. :) I mostly take baths and I'm almost 30 weeks now, I'll keep it up til he's born.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 6:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• just be careful getting out of the tub! my back was killing me one night when i was 36 weeks so i took a bath and had to drain the tub then put a towel down in it so i could get out, it took me like 15 mins to get outta the tub! and i had no one who could help b/c DH is deployed. so just be careful.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Sure, just like josiesmommy00 said, make sure the water is just warm and you don't slip.

If you are worried about water getting inside you, don't. Remember the cervical plug?
    Anonymous

• Of course it is! The baby is protected. It is not as if you're blasting water up your vagina! ;)

I labored in the tub with my fourth even after my water broke. Not a big deal.
    beccimae

Answer by beccimae at 7:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes. There are tub deliveries everyday. Therefore you bating shouldnt be a problem. I would think that you'd do better with a shower. That'll be hard to get up from. The bath should relaze you also. It may help with enducing labor.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 7:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2009