Rash question???

My daughter is 20 months old. She has nver had any skin issues other then infant acne for a week when she was first born. Abbout a week ago I noticed she had a red raised pimply rash on her neck. I thought it was a heat rash and didnt think any more of it. Then 2 days ago I noticed it had spread across her shoulder blades and down her arm alittle. Today I noticed it was half way down her back and stomach. We have used the same laundry and softener since she was born, She has not worn any new clothes without them being washed first, We have been using the AC to keep our Apt cool. She does not have a fever, she is not scratching or acting like it is bothering her, she does not have a rash on her face or in her mouth, and her appetite is as good as ever. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

melliesmom1207

Asked by melliesmom1207 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Was their a fever first? If so it could be a virus called rosiola (sp). Dd had that last week. 3 days of low grade fever followed by a rash....
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• There was never a fever...that is the strange part. Thats what I thought it was but there was no fever
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It might be excema. Keep it well moisturized (olive oil is fine) and try eliminating dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You know what... my son has the same exact problem!!! Your child may be allergic to the laundry soap... I used the same laundry soap for the first 2 years of my sons life... and then all of the sudden he got these same rashes... I switched laundry soaps and dryer sheets and re washed EVERYTHING in my house... then it went away... Unfortunately, well, according to his doctor, he is once again allergic to our new laundry soap, which is perfume and dye free... so we have to switch again! Allergies arent the same throughout your whole life, you could become more allergic to things later in life... when I was younger I was NOT allergic to grass... now 10+ years later Im HIGHLY allergic!!! Try switching laundry soap for just one week!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2009