fingers in the ears and alot of loosing balance.

my 19 month old ds has been sticking his fingers in his ears alot, esp when something is on and hes always been the one to not have great balance, he doesnt have any ear infections because thats what i kept thinking it was but hes been checked a few times already and hes fine. he doesnt see a real pedi so im looking for one in town that accepts our insurance plan..but does anyone elses son/daughter at this age do this? im really afraid hes got something wrong with his ear or his hearing...my dd never did any of that, neither does my friends son and hes a month older than mine.

eSnA2008

Asked by eSnA2008 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ear infection..Bring him to the doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• hes been seen a few times and he doesnt have one..
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• That sounds like an ear infection that is being misdiagnosed by the doctor that you are seeing. Hopefully you can find a pediatrician soon. Sometimes doctors that don't specialize in infants and children may overlook the minor things. When my son was born, my family doctor told me that my son had dry skin. But, when I got my son a pediatrician she knew right away that he had eczema. But, the famiy doctor kept telling me that it was dry skin patches and to just put lotion on it.

You may just want to wait and see what the pediatrician says.

momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 7:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I found fingers in the ears is usually teething if not an ear infection. My son started cutting teeth at 3 months, so we have seen a lot of it (he's not 17 mo). That or drainage from allergies.

just a thought.
    CarterAllensMom

Answer by CarterAllensMom at 10:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2009