dentist..when did u take them to see..

my 7 month old son has two bottom teeth in.. his doc gave me floride to give to him but when should i take him to see the dentist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when they cut their first tooth . you should had already gone
    Anonymous

• Everywhere I've read has said to take them as soon as their first teeth come in. My daughter got her two bottom teeth at four months but I've yet to take her to the dentist. She's almost six months now.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My pediatrician (who is big on holistic medicine and herbal remedies) advised to begin using xylitol and tap water (which contains fluoride) after feedings to prevent early cavities, but said that it is unnecessary to bring an infant under 12 months to the dentist unless a problem developed with the teeth. You may want to give your doc a call and see what their opinion is. Everyone seems to have a different opinion, so if you trust your doc, go with that.
    IndieRockMommy

Answer by IndieRockMommy at 8:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My mother's a dentist and she and my pediatrician agree... if you brush their teeth and don't give sweets, too much juice, milk in the night, etc., that there is no need until age 2.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My pediatric dentist doesn't see them until 18 months. So, that's when we went in.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• 2 or 3...just brush the teeth with water or gum paste(baby aisle at store)
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009