Does anyone else not feel the need to be away from their child(ren)

I don't at all, I'm with my son (18mo) all the time, I feel that now as a mother it's my duty to be a good mom to the best of my ability...I always hear how moms need "me" time to go party or whatever... I understand everyone's lifestyle is different , I was just wondering if anyone else feels like I do.

I'm not saying I never have time to myself, I do, about an hour everyday when he takes his nap, But I just never feel the need to leave and go somewhere without my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm in school so I do have to have my "me" time. If his father and I didn't give each other time alone to study there is no way we would ever end up with our degrees, and therefore wouldn't be able to better our lives for our children.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My son is high energy and requires almost constant stimulating activity. I'm just not cut out to do that without needing time off. Everyone gets burn-out sometime. Don't be too hard on yourself when your time comes.
    Anonymous

• I thought I was the only one! My mother keeps asking if I want her to babysit so I can rest (I've been having blood pressure problems) but my son is so great that I really don't want to let him go. He's so adorable and cracks me up constantly. Plus, when someone else is watching him I worry the whole time so I can't relax. LOL. Maybe I'm a little neurotic.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 7:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have 7 kids (soon to be 8) and there are times where I like me time. But whatever me time I get is around my kids and thier schedules. I am not one to just "go out" because like you I believe that they are my responsibility. Now on occasion they like to spend the night at grandmas, completely thier choice, and I can't say that I regret a moment of alone time. But by morning I am bored and waiting for them to come home.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I raised three, and I felt exactly the same as you do. I think if people could really realize just how quickly they grow up and are gone, they would savor every minute that they have with their little ones. I never wanted to miss a single thing that they did, and now it's that way with my grandchildren. I love that I get to watch them on occasion for their parents, but their parents don't ask for us to watch them unless they have things to do where the children can't go, and that's not very often. So enjoy your baby and relish the time that you have. This time of your life, like all the others, really does fly by.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Hi I was the same way. Now I have more than one and they're pretty grown but not yet on their own entirely. I actually wanted to be a stay at home mom. I didn't and dont feel guilty about spending so much time with my kids for so long. They've all turned out pretty good but I've allays kept up guidance, not always demands but guidance. You know you're still a good mom if you get more than an hour to yourself a day. Don't think you're a bad mother if you get a sitter or family member to watch him a couple of times a week or in the evenings. Mothering is really about raising children to be selfrespectful and respectful and that comes from us moms making sure we're all around well rounded within ourselves to teach that to our children. Congratulations mommy and just remember you matter just as much as baby does.
    Anonymous

• I am the same way. I had kids for a reason and truly love spending time with them. My Husband will come home from work and if I have to run to the store or just get out I always want to take them. My Husband and I go back and forth about who wants them. He says "but you had them all day, leave them with me"! I hate when my Mom calls and asks if she can have them for a night on a weekend because I miss them and usually make up an excuse! I do get out of the house though at least once a week for a few hours to have dinner, get coffee or go shopping with my girlfriends.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• when my boys were little i always felt like i needed to get away. they went to visit their grandparents and my daughter spent alot of time with her dad. spend as much time with them as you possibly can because when they grow up and move out you will wish they were still home.
    hcashe216

Answer by hcashe216 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have two kids and I love them very much but I do need the time to myself to think, so when my husband gets home from work he watches the kids and I go for a short drive or to the grocery store
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was like that with my first. I never wanted to leave him. Now that I have two I for sure need some time away for me that's not work. I have a 5 year old and an 18 month old. The older is very rambunctious and the younger is very very clingy so never a quiet moment because only one of them naps and when they are in bed for the night I'm cleaning and doing laundry. once a month or so I go to the movies or shopping with a friend of mine for 'Girls night'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009