If conservatives want less government control, why do they want the government to ban gay marriage and a women's right to choose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because they are Hypocrites!
    Anonymous

• popcorn

I have often wondered this myself. A lot, or at least some of them also want "God" to be everywhere..you know, in a country of religious freedom.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• LOL. Good question. I don't know...I don't understand logical fallacies.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 7:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Because they're convinced that we're a Christian Nation and so on and so forth. They think women's rights and gay marriage is a God issue.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• This is why I consider myself a Republican, not a Conservative.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I agree....religious Freedom. I think gov should not be able to tell someone what or if any religion is right. I also dont think we should "re-do" the rules on marriage. I also do not think the gov has the right to give a doctor permission to murder. The baby has the right to live. IMO so not hypocrite, just think "we the people" should do a bit more of controling our personal lives, less of the gov. stepping in to accomodate everyone after the fact.

Don't get preggers if you don't want a baby

Don't be in a same sex realationship if what you want is marriage

don't teach me a evolution therory unless you want to hear the "Big Bang" theroy ( God said let there be light, Bang! there was light)
    I don't know all the anwers, and I don't mean to be so bold, I just feel the way I feel , just like all of you have opinions. Guess we all think we are right. At the end of the day, I just try to be a good person. We all should...
    Anonymous

• Smaller government, heterosexual marriage and a view of the unborn as separate and discrete human beings that qualify to have their lives protected are all facets of traditional American culture. That is what is desired by those who advocate Constitutional government, protected fetal life and oppose gay marriage.
    As for less governmental control, that refers mostly to allowing the free market to thrive without governmental intrusion and less manipulation of the money supply.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 7:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• OP, you should really specify the type of conservative you are trying to fit into a category you obviously know nothing about. Some of us are conservative when it comes to fiscal issues, national security, foreign policy, illegal immigration, yet don't feel that government should legislate social / moral issues.

So it might give your question more credibility if you would tell us specifically who or what you are talking about.

Anonymous

• OMG! You sure you want to go there? Lets talk about Liberals and their Logical Fallicies.. Starting with Global Warming, Spreading the wealth and Spending trillions of dollars to fix an ailing economy. Good Lord.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't want to ban gay marriage.

I believe that abortion is murder, which for some reason is only legal if the person is a tiny dependant infant. Doesn't actually make much sense. I do understand that the pro choice side disagrees with my interpretation of when life begins.

I support everyone's freedom of religion, not just mine.

I believe thoroughly in fiscal conservatism. Living within your means, not starting a major project without considering all aspects and not just the ideology, and making sure all expenditures are viable and sustainable.

It's not all that horrible. . .

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2009