Weather patterns lately...

Where you live, have you noticed any strange weather patterns in the past few years? Here where I am we had record highs last summer, and then record lows and record snowfall this past winter. I don't know if its typical for the weather to change that way, or if we really are going into a major climate change. Not trying to start an argument on global warming, lol, just curious to see if you guys have had any strange weather patterns and what your opinion is.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 7:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Weather is always variable, and there can be dramatic differences, they are not unusual.

Where I live, April, it was just the opposite, last summer was wetter than usual but not particularly hot, while last winter was the mildest for years with the less snow than any year in the 15 I have lived here. Temperatures a full 2 degrees celsius above normal on average over the winter months, and that is a lot to climatologists.

As to weather and global warming, you have to look at historical data on weather and other variables to see if there is a warming trend. Globally, there is and it is very pronounced , but where you live it may be less so or more so. Even with global warming, locally you can still get an unduly cold winter or cool summmer occasionally.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• yeah our weather here is all out of control
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Earth, meet Global Warming.

Yes, I've noticed the increasingly crazy weather.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• LOL The problem is you don't remember the weather 2, 4 or 10 yrs ago. Weather is never identical one season or one year from the other. It's called life and mother nature is unpredictable. Stop feeding the Global warming bugs.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Crazy weather is the name of the game for 2 years now, record snowfalls, tho not low temperatures, but last summer was hot one day, cold the next all summer long, and this summer is starting out to be dreadfully windy, totally unusual for Eastern Washington.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Its present over the entire global.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Weather is cyclical. Always has been, always will be.

Anonymous

• wonder if they were in a pinic 500 years ago that the weather was not a constant?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No Carpy, THEY weren't in a panic because the media wasn't blowing normal climate changes out of proportion and scaring people into spending more money on "green" products. People just went about their daily lives and actually had a brain.
    Anonymous

• ya well excuse me and my two fingers that I have to type with, that is what I meant.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009