Dilated 3cm on the outside 1cm on the inside, whats the best thing for me to do now to get things moving?

This is my 3rd pregnancy so once I get things going they should take off .
I have tried some acupressure but it doesnt seem to keep going. I went and walked a mile just a minute ago and I was having contractions but then they slow down when I sit down but I cant walk forever. What do you ladies think would work the best in my case?

ashleejo

Asked by ashleejo at 7:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WALKIING HELPS ALOT
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 7:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Walk some will say spicy food, I found this to just cause heartburn and indegestion. NEVER NO MATTER WHO TELLS YOU talk castor oil. It is very dangerous if you don't believe me ask the OB.
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• SEX
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my dr told me lots of sex, if it is comfortable 4 you.

i agree w/ honeychick...i read that castor oil can dehydrate the baby and make you sick
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• How can you be dilated on the outside differently than the inside? I've never heard of this. So when they tell you that you're so many dilated, are they talking about the inside or outside? How come my OBGYN never gave me two different numbers?
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I tried everything at the end of my third! Hubby did acupressure a whole 2 days (Saturday and Sunday) and only gave me contractions.

But acupressure doesn't necessarily make you go into labor right away. It helps you dilate, contract and gets baby ready.

Monday (rather Tuesday) at midnight, my water broke. Less than 3 hours later, I was holding our daughter. Keep doing acupressure (do the ones that give you the most powerful contractions) and you'll start labor in no time!!

Good luck!
    cfavreau

Answer by cfavreau at 2:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2009