SO IT'S NOT YOUR BUSSINESS NOW IS IT!!!!!

so what i get food stamps! i clearly qualify for them and i'm not sporting gold teeth, i don't have a cadillac in my back yard and i certianly don't have 20 baby daddies giving me money!!! so when i go inside a store why does the cashier make a comment on how many food stamps i got and assumed i got 20 kids!!! is it any of her bussiness? should the cashier be looking at my receipt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Shopping

• i wonder why some people bother commenting if they're just going to be rude...

anyway, the cashier shouldnt have said that, she needs to take a step back, next time that happens i would tell a manager or say something back to her. the cashier's job is to work with people and be friendly, if they cant do that then they shouldnt be in customer service.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• honestly, you should've told the manager and the cashier should've been fired if she truly made a comment about your food stamps.
    Anonymous

• it is non of any one's business how much you have let alone that you have it. it is there to help people who can't afford food and those who have a difficult time affording it. at least you have sence enough to get it and not alot of pride that you family would starve.

Anonymous

• Yeah, when I was a cashier, that was strictly against the store policy!!
    Anonymous

• it's not her bussiness, sometimes we need help and you should not get judged for it, now the people that are lazy and have 20 kids just to be on welfare now thats a different story
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Why do you care about what a total stranger thinks about you? I don't understand all of the angst.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I used to look at receipts and circle the amount they had left to be nice. And it's human nature to be curious. And I honestly don't think that some cashier at a grocery store should bother you that much. If you are okay with getting food stamps and don't feel like it's wrong to have them, you shouldn't be ashamed. And if that cashier made a comment, you could've just made a joke about the economy instead of letting it get to you.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 8:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I'm not getting food stamps, but I've noticed cashiers are just plain nosy sometimes. They comment on my purchases and ask questions. They should mind their own business and talk about the weather.
    Anonymous

• She is a CASHIER how much could she really be making???? Come on now she prolly gets assistants herself; I know that I wouldnt be able to live off of minimum wage! Hell I wouldnt be able to live off of what I make alone with out my fiance! Dont let it get to you, at least you have what you need! It is better than going without!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Don't let it bother you, I get looks when I use my WIC checks for my organic milk lol. I know what is best for my family, and I'm doing what I can to keep them healthy, don't care what anyone else thinks.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2009