What are some of the things you do with your child?

My daughter is a little over 11 months and I feel like I don't interact with her enough :( :( So I need some ideas on what I could do. Games, books, toys, anything....

Thanks for the help :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure what 11 month old babies do, as my daughter is 5.5 months old. Right now she has a walker, and she LOVES scooting around in it. If she gets tired of it, I simply lay down and put her on my chest and we talk (or babble, lmao) and laugh and just have close face-to-face bonding time. Sometimes I take her outside and we watch cars go by. She's pretty easy to please, I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• you can read little baby books to her and let her point at things, or at the grocery store you can point things out and tell her what they are let her touch and feel I always did that with my boy at the store and he seemed to enjoy it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My son is almost 9 months old and his favorite thing besides crawling across the house in record time is for me to point things out and tell him what the name of it is. Babies love to learn, so going out and showing your child something new, even if it's just a trip around Target or the grocery store to point out the names of different fruits or household items can be a fun outing. I tend to read ahead in my guides to the first year books, and the next step in this "game" is to start naming the differences in objects rather than just their names... things like "top," "bottom", "round," "square," "big," "small"... you get the picture. Since your baby is a few months older than mine, this is where you should probably be at now. Of course, you can play these games around the house, too. I only suggested the stores because it's always nice for both us and the babies to have a little change of scenery so we don't get cabin fever!
    IndieRockMommy

Answer by IndieRockMommy at 8:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We read books, sing songs, and listen to music. We practice putting things in containers, then taking them out. We practice numbers and colors. My daughter loves to look at photos, so we made a photo album with pictures of mom and dad, grandma and grandpa, etc. and we practice naming them. She loves textures, so we try to feel lots of fabrics and surfaces when we play.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Do you talk to her? I always talk to my babies from birth. We talk about everything, I ask questions and pause for them to answer. At a year they start answering you. You can sing, dance pat-a-cake, this little piggy, color, swim, take walks. The list is endless.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009