Should I worry about lack of weight gain?

Hello. I am 6mths pregnant I have had morning sickness since before I realized I was pregnant and it still has not gone away. Before I was prescribed medication for it I couldn't keep anything down and lost 10 lbs. At my next appointment at 19 weeks I had gained the 10 lbs back and I had my second sonogram the baby was measuring at 13 ozs and 22 wks so I think he is ok but at my next appointment at 23 weeks I still have not gained any weight. I'm still having problems with nausea and vomiting and I'm worried about when I should worry about not gaining weight. If anybody could help me that would be great and if anyone could tell me any thing to do for nausea instead of taking medication that would be helpful to. Thanks.

sadejanelle

Asked by sadejanelle at 8:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should be fine. im 17 weeks, and i still havent gained any weight due to morning sickness, and lack of appetite. if your really that concerned talk to your doctor.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• you'll be ok. i'm almost 25 weeks and still not back to my pre-pregnancy weight. i lost 19 pounds in the beginning because of the flu and stress from moving states (i never had morning sickness). keep animal crackers on hand. that's what my friend does. they soak up the acid in your belly that could cause morning sickness. but definitely talk to your OB if you are still concerned
    amberwriteslove

Answer by amberwriteslove at 8:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You should be just fine. I am 9 months pregnant with a 15 lb gain, and never even had morning sickness. Your doc would tell you if they thought you weren't gaining enough.
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 9:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• if your worried about morning sickness then try "sea bands" they worked wonders for me i could eat anything i want. you can get them at ny pharmacy or walmart. just ask the pharmist were they are. BEST OF LUCK!
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am 28 weeks pregnant and I lost 11lbs at the beginning of my pregnancy and have only regained 6lbs so technically I'm still -5lbs. I was a bit overweight to start with and the baby is doing fine so there is no concern yet.
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 10:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009