How can I get baby poop stains out of baby clothes?

What is the best product/stain treater? How do you get out the bad stains from when the diaper leaks all the way up the back?!

HoustonMom22

Asked by HoustonMom22 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always thought Oxyclean is by far the best! Pretreat before washing, it gets out everything!!!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Fun times!!

I use Shout. It works great. Just make sure to rinse the item with cold water first and then rub the Shout in. Wait five minutes and was with detergent. Some stains, like carrots, take two applications. (Don't use the dryer until the stain is all out or it may set for life!)
    Anonymous

• try shout . when my little boy got stuff on his clothes i would use that and i let it soak on it for a min then put it in the wash , then i would squirt some in the water too.
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Like the other ladies, Shout worked for me, too. I used the gel stick, followed the directions on the bottle and all the baby's clothing came out of the wash like new (thank goodness!).
    IndieRockMommy

Answer by IndieRockMommy at 8:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I buy the Baby Oxy Clean at Target. It was great for that diaper blow out phase. That will get any baby stain out, and it has no dyes or perfumes.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Oxyclean.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Dreft spray worked great on my kiddos clothes. I also tried Zout which was ok. I've also had a really good turn out using hair spray.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I use Clorox 2 for colors. You just dab it on the spot directly, let it set for a few minutes & then wash like normal!
    JanMichelle

Answer by JanMichelle at 9:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• The best (and cheapest) that worked for me was to soak the clothes in vinegar before I was them.
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• totally toddler stain remover..... it works on almost ever surface... not suede. I feel you pain... they gave my son baked beans for lunch at daycare and then he stole someones chocolate pudding... well we know what those do a baby.... and teething isn't helping.... i just finished cleaning out his carseat and our cloths
    Tashia07

Answer by Tashia07 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009